Monday, 19 September 2011

Hi, my name is Adrienne...

... and I'm a travel-aholic.

I work as an astrophysicist, currently based in Paris, and I benefit from both a generous annual leave allocation and a job that requires travel from time to time. Having grown up in Africa, and subsequently lived on two further continents, I had always thought of myself as rather well-travelled. However, since starting my job here in Paris two years ago, my horizons have considerably broadened. I have, quite possibly, accumulated more travel miles over the last two years than ever before. This year alone, I have racked up a stunning 11 trips on three continents, visiting several old familiar places, as well as a number of entirely new destinations.

So I've started this blog, to act as a travel log, a memory chest, a way for family and friends to actually keep track of me (which, admittedly, is no mean feat), and somewhat of a travel guide; a small-town Zimbabwean girl's perspective on the big wide world. And what a spectacular world it is! I lead a charmed life indeed, being able to explore so often the mystical beauty, diversity, and history that surrounds us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment